Saturday 21 September 2013

Gingham Garden Washi Tape and butterfly peg magnets

Hello!

First of all I'd like to say a huge thank you to everyone who took the time to go around the Pinkie's Autumn/Winter Seasonal Catalogue blog hop last week - weren't all the projects fantastic? Wow! I must admit I've found it hard to think of a new blog post to follow all that!!
 
I would also like to thank everyone who has kindly left a message on my blog posts - it is so lovely to hear your comments and I feel humbled by all the praise last week, thank you...
 
And now, onto today's post: Washi Tape decorated clothes peg magnets...
 
For a long time I've been wanting to make some of these and I really enjoyed making them! They are super quick and easy and I think that a set of them would make a fabulous gift for anyone for any occasion - not just for Christmas...
 
Come and have a look:


 

I used the three lovely and bright designs in the Gingham Garden Designer Washi Tape set from Stampin' Up! I think they are really cheery, don't you? It was easy to stick the washi tape onto the front of the pegs (or clothes pins, as I believe our friends in the United States know them as?). I trimmed any excess washi tape off using my trusty Paper Snips -what would I do without those little, sharp-tipped beauties, they are an essential piece of kit!
 
I used the 1" Circle Punch and the 1 1/4" Scallop Circle Punch for the 'flowers' and picked Daffodil Delight, Melon Mambo, Gumball Green and Midnight Muse card stock.  I stamped the Papillon Potpourri butterflies and punched them out with the Bitty Butterfly punch. I bent the butterflies' wings and attached them onto the 1" circles with a glue dot. The circles and scallop circles are attached with Dimensionals and I used my hot glue gun to stick a small flat disc magnet to the back of each peg (just behind where the embellishments are). They were so quick to make - it honestly takes far longer to write about how they were made, than to actually make them! I'm not sure I can be parted from these three though- I will have to make some more for Christmas presents I think - and these three will live on my magnetic notice board in my craft room...or maybe my 'fridge... Hmm... think I'm going to need to make several more at this rate!! Good job you get a lot of Washi Tape on each roll!


Don't forget that the Papillon Potpourri stamp set and the Bitty Butterfly Punch are available as a bundle with 15% off until the end of this month (30th September 2013):

 


There is another punch that matches the larger butterflies in the Papillon Potpourri stamp set (shown above), called the Elegant Butterfly Punch and I think that it is one of my most-used punches...I have them both and use them time and time again - they are SO useful - afterall, who doesn't like a pretty butterfly or two on a card or gift?


Today I have been making some swaps for next Wednesday's Creative Tour organised by Stampin' Up! which will be in Woking, near Reading here in the UK... I am so excited about going, as the Stampin' Up! demonstrator events are always fantastic to attend... with lots of freebies, a make and take project or two, lots of beautiful handmade things to inspire you and usually some very exciting announcements too.... so, watch this space, as I shall report back next week and tell you all about it! If you join my team, then you too could come to a future event like this - the European Convention is in Manchester in November - join now and you could come with me!

For now, I shall leave you with a little teaser showing you some of the lovely goodies that I have used to make my swaps today... I can't show you the end results though, as they are top secret until Wednesday, when I shall take them to the Creative Tour and hand them out to other demos in exchange for the swaps (card fronts or 3-D items) they have made....

Exciting stuff, swapping Stampin' Up! swaps! I can't wait to see what fantastic projects other people will have made... I am so excited!
 
 

 
 
Bet you can't guess what my swaps will look like! - All I can say is that they will add a little bit of Wintery sparkle to Christmas...  ;O)
 
Until next time, Stampers!
 
Lucy x
 
 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment