Saturday 19 July 2014

Pinkies Blog Hop: Showcasing New Annual Catalogue projects!

 
  
Thank you for joining us on another Pinkies Blog Hop! We're showcasing lots of gorgeous projects using products from the new Stampin' Up! ® Annual Catalogue. Simply use the buttons at the end of each post to keep hopping!



 
Welcome if you have come from Nina's blog!

 
There are so many lovely new things in the new catalogue and I have found it really hard to narrow down my choice for today! I decided to keep it simple  and concentrate on the new In Color collection  for 2014-2016.


I have recently been experimenting with making my own backgrounds and the following projects all utilise one particular technique which I have developed: using scrunched up brown packing paper as a "stamp" which I have then tapped directly onto the ink pad to pick up some ink and then stamped all over a sheet of Whisper White cardstock. You can use a single colour or a mixture of 2 or 3 - just make sure you use a separate ball of scrunched-up paper for each individual colour.

This first project uses the lovely new In Colors Mossy Meadow (the green) and Hello Honey (the yellow) as well as a bit of Crumb Cake on the patterned background strip:
http://paperglassstitch.blogspot.co.uk  Lucy Tustian

 
I have glued the small strip of homemade background onto a Whisper White Notecard and stamped the "thanks" from the Hip Hip Hooray card kit stamps. The Elegant Butterfly punched shape is from the new Hello Honey cardstock and sits on a mini glue dot, with a strip of three pearl gems for the butterfly's body. A very simple, quick and easy card to make, don't you think?!
Here is another card which uses the same backround - this time I have used the background for the butterfly only, with a Mossy Meadow Elegant Butterfly beneath it. I used the brush stroke stamp from the new (and very versatile) stamp set: Work Of Art; with the Hello Honey stamped three times without re-inking it (the "stamping off" technique). The "Thinking of You" is from one of my go-to stamp sets: Sassy Salutations and is stamped using the Mossy Meadow ink for the words and the sponging around the oval punched shape:

http://paperglassstitch.blogspot.co.uk Lucy Tustian

 
 One of my favourite new In Colors is the lovely deep rich purple called Blackberry Bliss - the next couple of projects use this colour on its own for the handmade background for a very striking effect:
 
http://paperglassstitch.blogspot.co.uk Lucy Tustian

 
http://paperglassstitch.blogspot.co.uk Lucy Tustian



 Have you spied the lovely ribbon on the tag? It is the utterly gorgeous new 1cm (3/8") wide Stitched Satin Ribbon in the Blackberry Bliss - it is so nice - one of my all-time favourite Stampin' Up! ribbons I think! I have secured it with a little bit of Whisper White Bakers' Twine plus a tiny bit of the same white bakers' twine that I have hand-dyed using a few drops of Perfect Plum re-inker in a very small amount of water. I have also coloured in the rhinestone jewels with the brand new Stampin' Blendabilities alcohol markers in Rich Razzleberry (using all three shades of the colour).
 
 
The circle on the card is made using another stamping technique I have been experimenting with recently - reverse kissing. I'm hoping to blog a bit more about various kissing techniques (of the ink variety!) sometime soon, so do pop back again to see!
 
 
Thank you for taking the time to look at my part of the Pinkies Blog Hop. I would love to know your thoughts on the techniques and colour-combos that I have used today, so do please leave me a comment if you have time! Hope you enjoy the rest of the blog hopping: the lovely Sarah is next! :O)
 
 
Until next time, happy crafting everyone...
 
Lucy x
http://stampinsarahiow.blogspot.co.uk/2014/07/welcome-to-isle-of-wight-for-little.html

 
http://www.destempelolifant.blogspot.nl/2014/07/pinkies-blog-hop.html



20 comments:

  1. Hi Lucy, nice cards! I will try your technique for making a nice matching background. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your projects, specially the ones with the Blackberry Bliss items :)

    Best wishes,
    Angélique

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wat een prachtige voorbeelden. Groetjes, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely cards! I love butterflies.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty, love the stamps. Thanks for sharing
    Jeanette

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it all. I'm already in love with all the new in-colors.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cynthia Williamson19 July 2014 at 12:36

    They are lovely Lucy, I like the scrunched brown paper look. with those colours it reminds me of military camouflage. We will have some interesting classes coming up after all your experimenting. X

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have made such wonderful projects!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful - and a fabulous technique! Off to have a play now! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the background papers Lucy. The cards are all stunning. Amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Alljust lovely cards and great inspiration! Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for sharing your lovely projects. I love your idea to create your own backgrounds with scrunched up brown paper, will definitely have to try!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a amazing cards have you made ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. These are all wonderful projects Lucy! I really love the scrunched paper stamping and I can see me trying that sometime soon for sure! :)
    Lizy xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lucy - love your projects and techniques! Nx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the scrunched brown paper background. I love to recycle (of the craft variety) but most of it still ends up in the recycle bin. I've done something similar but involves screwing up the inked and smooched paper then ironing - this seems much easier. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete