Saturday 30 May 2015

Pinkies Blog Hop - A sneak-peek Sprinkle of Life from the new Stampin' Up! Annual Catalogue 2015


Thank you for joining us on another Pinkies Blog Hop! We're showcasing lots of gorgeous projects using products from the new Stampin' Up!® Annual Catalogue. Simply use the buttons at the end of each post to keep hopping!


Thank you if you have joined me from Christa's blog - what lovely work!


For me, one of the most exciting things about every new Annual Catalogue from Stampin' Up! is the new set of In Colors - and the new ones launching 2nd June 2015 do NOT disappoint: Tip Top Taupe, Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush, Delightful Dijon and Mint Macaron... Come and see what you think:

I have made some simple 3x3" cards using the new In Color A4 Cardstock, ink pads and Stampin' Write Markers with the gorgeous new "Sprinkles Of Life" charity stamp set:




The "Sprinkles Of Life" stamp set is the new charity stamp set from Stampin' Up! and for every set sold, Stampin' Up! give £2 to the Ronald McDonald House Charities®  which keeps families together and surrounded by love when their children are receiving medical treatment far from home (with over $1million contributed to date!).

Stamping these cards was a breeze as the "Sprinkles of Life" set are photopolymer stamps so alignment is easy peasey! The cute tree trunk is stamped in Tip Top Taupe. The tree leaves and the grass/vegetation are all the gorgeous fresh and bright new green that is Cucumber Crush and for the flowers I have used the ink that matches the card base - so either Delightful Dijon, Mint Macaron or Watermelon Wonder. The tiny bird's outline is stamped with Memento Tuxedo black Ink and then coloured in with my Tip Top Taupe Write Marker. I then punched out the bird using the fabulous new Tree Builder Punch and adhered it to the card with a portion of a Stampin' Dimensional to raise it up a bit and make it look like it is sitting on the branch of the tree:


The inside of the card has a matching Whisper White insert stamped with one of the 8 sentiments that come in the 22-piece stamp set - yes, that's right: twenty two stamps in the set for a bargainous £19 (25€).

I have repeated a group of the flowers inside each card and on the front of each envelope, as, you can't have a naked envelope, now, can you?!



I cannot decide which of the colourways is my favourite - I like them all, for different reasons. I think perhaps I am edging towards the Watermelon Wonder one at the moment... but, I the Delightful Dijon is growing on me!! I must confess I wasn't sure about the dijon to begin with, but I really like the colour now and it goes really well with so many other Stampin' Up! colours too... 

Which one is your favourite? Do let me know in the comments below...



There are so many other lovely stamps in the "Sprinkles Of Life" set: there is a cloud that doubles up as a scoop of icecream, or, the top of a cup cake; in the same shape there is a bunch of pretty flowers for you to colour in;  there is an apple, a candle, raindrops, cupcake sprinkles and loose leaves; plus an icecream cone cup and a wicker basket too, as well as the 8 gorgeous (and useful!) sentiments... and these shapes match the fab new Tree Builder Punch too... I have SO many ideas for many, many different projects... so do come back and maybe you'll see some more ideas here sometime soon! I think I could base a whole day class, just around this one stamp set actually! Hmm... Now there's an idea... ;0)

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog hop post today. I hope I have inspired you to make something with the new items once the catalogue launches on 2nd June! If you would like me to send you a paper copy of the New Catalogue, please contact me.

Until next time, happy stamping - and hopping too!

Lucy x


http://yvonnepotterton.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/beautiful-best-thoughts-and-gift-bag.html

 
http://dusktilldawn3.blogspot.co.uk/2015/05/pinkies-bloghop.html

 
 







4 comments: