Monday 29 June 2015

Be Sassy with your Stampin' today: a time-saving Definitely Dahlia project and a money-saving special offer too!

Today I would like to share with you some quick and easy to make cards, that I designed recently for my card classes, using the gorgeous new background stamp called "Definitely Dahlia" and my all-time favourite, most-used sentiment stamp set "Sassy Salutations":


I wanted to use the brand new thick Whisper White cardstock for the card bases and I LOVE it - I knew I would when I first saw it in the new Stampin' Up! Catalogue, hurrah a sturdier white cardstock at last - thank you Stampin' Up!. I used the regular Whisper White cardstock for the top layer and as you can see, the two different weights of card are a perfect colour match with each other! 

I went slightly out of my comfort zone with the pale pastel colours for these cards, but I do like the washed out, subtle look of them. All three use the exact same layout - with just the addition of a butterfly cut out of Silver Foil Sheet, using the Butterflies Thinlits, for the Thinking Of You version:



The dahlia for this version was stamped in Soft Sky Ink and the words were stamped in Pool Party Ink on the banner of Soft Sky Cardstock. All it needed was a little bit of bling in the form of three rhinestone gems.

In the pink versions of the card, below, I used Pink Pirouette for the stamped dahlias and banners and Blushing Bride Ink for the sentiments. I decided that these ones needed some subtle pearl gemstones, rather than rhinestones, for their bling.  I think that the Congratulations card would be great for all sorts of occasions, but would make a super new baby girl, or even a Christening card, don't you? If the new baby was a boy, then you could easily swap to the blue colourway instead! I love how one card layout can be so versatile and can be used for so many different occasions. Very time-saving, don't you think?! I like to think of it as time-efficient, rather than lazy, when I recycle a card idea for a different purpose! Hehe!



I can't tell you how many times I've used the Sassy Salutations stamps on my cards and other paper projects. I love the size of the greetings and the bold, swirly font style. I think they are great for both feminine and masculine cards too and are my go-to set when I need a large sentiment on a card. Here are all the greetings for you to see: (Click here for more information on them).


Don't forget that you could get this, or any other two stamp sets of your choice, for FREE if you buy a starter kit and join my team - but hurry, this fantastic offer runs out tomorrow (Tuesday 30th June 2015). For a cost to you of only £99 (or 129€) you get to choose any products YOU WANT, up to the value of £130 ( or 175€),  PLUS you will get ANY TWO stamp sets of your choice FOR FREE too. I truly think that this is probably the best joining offer that Stampin' Up! have offered. Perfect for if you have a big wish list and want to save yourself some money, or, if you want to start your own crafting business with a little extra free help.

I would love to welcome you into my team! Click here or on the image below to get going!



That's it for today, until next time, happy stamping and come back soon!

Lucy x

No comments:

Post a Comment