Monday 6 July 2015

A handy notepad and pen-holder wallet using Stampin' Up!'s Envelope Paper and Watercolor Wings butterflies!

Hello, today I have a project for you that I think would make a lovely gift - whether as a teacher thank you, for a friend's birthday, or even a "just because" kind of a present for someone who is in your thoughts... 

It is a notepad and pen holder wallet, with a pair of coordinating butterfly paperclip bookmarks tucked into the pocket inside:


The front cover is decorated with the lovely woodgrain patterned Envelope Paper in Tip Top Taupe, with a small taupe and Mint Macaron,  Watercolour Wings butterfly popped up on dimensionals. The wallet has a closure made using half inch circle punched pieces of cardstock placed on dimensionals. Whisper White Bakers' Twine is attached under the righthand side circle and it wraps, in a figure of eight, around both of the circles to keep the wallet closed:


Inside there is a small notepad (decorated at the top with the same patterned envelope paper as the front cover) plus a loop to hold a small pen. There is also a handy inside pocket, decorated with the same paper. Tucked into this are two large paperclips, that I decorated with butterflies stamped in the same colour inks as the one on the front cover:





Here are the butterfly paperclips, aren't they cute?




I love how versatile the Watercolor Wings butterfly stamps are - especially in combination with the Butterflies Thinlits and Bold Butterflies Framelits. I have used the same two colours (Mint Macaron and Tip Top Taupe) for all the butterflies, and have stamped off some of the ink to give more tones of the same colour to add interest.

I do like practical, useful things, especially when they are pretty too and I think that this notepad and pen-holder wallet fits the bill perfectly, don't you? I think that anyone who likes to be organised would appreciate this as a little gift. It is very quick and easy to make these wallets and they don't cost much either, which is handy if you have several people you want to give them to! You could also make several for yourself and keep one in your handbag, one by your bed for those things you think of when you should be falling asleep at night and maybe one on your desk for jotting notes on during the day too?

We made these wallets in my card class last week and everyone really enjoyed making them!  I gave the ladies a choice of colourways, using the different 2015-2017 In Color Envelope Paper colours as a starting point, so they were all a bit different and their butterflies were beautiful.

Unfortunately I was enjoying the class so much that I totally forgot to take any photographs of their finished wallets - oops! I blame my forgetfulness on  the unusually hot weather we had that day and the distraction of the yummy berry and coconut icecream that I had made especially for the class as a cooling treat! (I normally bake cakes for my classes, but it was far too hot to have the oven on in my kitchen, the day before the class - hence my decision to make the icecream instead! Yum!) 

Well, that's it for today, so, until next time, happy crafting everyone! Hope the sun is shining on you, wherever you are!

Come back soon to see some of projects I made for a team-training event, using the fabulous "Go Wild" Designer Series Paper Stack as my inspiration...

Happy crafting to you all.

Lucy x








No comments:

Post a Comment